How is FTO structured?
A breakdown of the Federation of Tour Operators structure.
The following list demonstrates our structure:
- Most business is transacted at Monthly Group meetings – all members can attend.
- There is an elected Chairman.
- A small Executive Committee steers the Agenda, and considers financial issues.
- There are also regular meetings of sub groups, considering:
- Health and Safety
- Responsible Tourism
- Customer Services
- The membership is supported by a small Secretariat (8 staff), headed by a Director General. That secretariat also support other connected organisations.
- The services of a Public Health Advisor are retained.
- FTO is able to call on other industry experts as required.
- The effectiveness of the organisation is therefore very dependent upon the input, contribution and participation of members.
- FTO aims to work by consensus, and if any member does not approve of a particular course of action, that action will normally not take place.
Next page: How is FTO funded?
Images supplied by Kuoni